If you are new to psychic readings, you might wonder what the difference is between oracle, angel and tarot cards. The tarot card is the most known and people have been using tarot cards for readings since the 14th century.
People that do tarot card readings are generally specialized and sometimes people that know tarot will move on to other cards like the angel and oracle cards. What people like about tarot readings is that you can get a reading done in person by the reader shuffling the cards and interacting with the tarot deck. When they shuffle the cards, they are reaching and connecting with the spiritual world.
The cards of all of the decks are bigger than standard playing cards, but some are even made into jumbo form. The oracle cards come in round or square shapes and are often larger than the other two decks.
What They Have in Common
The decks are all used in order to get answers. Some will do a three-card spread and if you are getting an in person reading, you can see the cards being spread right in front of you.
There are 22 cards in the Major Arcana in the tarot deck. These are part of the changes that happen in life. This is considered the core of the deck. Here are the Major Arcana cards:
- The Fool
- The Magician
- The High Priestess
- The Empress
- The Emperor
- The Hierophant
- The Lovers
- The Chariot
- The Hermit
- Wheel of Fortune
- The Hanged Man
- The Devil
- The Tower
- The Star
- The moon
- The Sun
- The World
There is also a set called the Minor Arcana. These are 56 different cards that come in four traditional suits. These are the cups, swords, pentacles and wands. These cards represent events and people that come into life.
Here are some things to know:
- The Arcana is both the minor and major cards.
- Spread: Used in Tarot but can be used in Oracle decks.
- Celtic Cross: Has 10 cards that represent a person’s life.
- Shuffle: How to arrange and rearrange the cards.
- Corgi Shuffle: This is a sliding mixture, and they are spread on top of each other and then picked.
- Draw: Pulling a card from a deck.
- Linear Draw: A type of drawing for the Tarot deck.
- Half cut: Splitting the cards in half to shuffle.
- Triple Cut: Splitting the cards into thirds for picking cards.
- Suits: represent the minor Arcana, the cups, swords, pentacles and wands.
- Cups: These are the emotions of the person getting the reading. Tells what needs to be released in life.
- Swords: This is a suit that is an action and tells how to take the action.
- Pentacles: Focuses on the materials and wealth a person has.
- Wands: Help to find the life path.
- Elements: Used with the Tarot cards and represent each suit, cups: water, swords: air, wands: fire, pentacles: earth. These are sometimes used in Angel and Oracle decks.
- Court cards: Represent people, have the Kings, Pages, Queens and Knights. Known as the face cards.
- Archetypes: Face of the court cards. This is the personality of the court cards.
- Spiritual lessons: The reader interprets the spiritual lessons, and the stories will give a message.
- 78: This is the number of cards in the tarot deck.
- Cartomancy: Getting information from the cards that is secret. Comes from the Tarot, Angel and Oracle cards.
- Lenormand Deck: The original Oracle deck, made of 36 cards that have different symbols.
Here are the cards in the Lenormand deck:
More things to know:
- Intuition: The inner voice that gives you information.
- Subconscious mind: The part of the mind that makes you act or say certain things.
- No tools: A psychic reading that doesn’t use tools.
- Rider-Waite: Most used kind of Tarot deck.
The Tarot cards have 78 cards with 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana cards. There are four suits and there are court cards. Each of the cards have a certain meaning and has to do with the images and what the reader gets out of the cards. The reader needs to listen to the vibrations and to the spirit world when giving a reading.
The Major Arcana represents the soul lessons that come from the reading. These are challenges that people are facing in life. There are 16 court cards that represent personalities.
The suits of the Tarot decks have four elements and there is also a fifth element that connects people with the spiritual world. The Tarot cards were used since the 14th century, and they evolved to divination as they were used.
The purpose of the Tarot cards is to guide a person and help them to understand their past, present and future. This is to help them to understand their life better and to know their soul purpose.
Those that use the Tarot decks use it for growth more than fortune telling. The practice will help you to connect with the spirit world and to develop your psychic gifts. The more you use them, the more guided you can become. Anyone that wants to can learn to use the Tarot deck.
A psychic that does a Tarot reading will give the client a way to connect their energies with the cards. This allows the reader to basically tell a story and to interpret the cards so that they can understand the clients life.
The Oracle cards are used to give messages to guide someone in their spiritual journey. This can be used as a spread, or it can be used in combination with the Tarot cards. There are usually around 44 cards.
The Oracle deck is called the Lenormand deck, and this came around in the 18th century. This was known as the “Game of Hope,” and there are normally 36 cards used in the deck. There are different images and messages with these cards.
The deck will have different symbols and images and features numerology and astrology and even Celtic beliefs. There are different worldviews in the cards. These are considered nontraditional and a psychic that uses the Oracle cards might not know how to turn them into a reading.
Doing an Oracle reading can use different spreads, but it is more common to pull one card each day. Some use a three-card spread when doing a reading. Some people will pull an Oracle card before they pull a Tarot card and the focus on the energies of them.
The purpose of the Oracle cards are to help someone reach their spiritual enlightenment. The cards are meant to help people to grow in the spirit world. Here are the elements of the Oracle deck:
- Images that are simple.
- Clear messages.
- Thematic messages.
- They are easy to interpret.
- Come in different sizes and shapes.
- Come in 36 cards normally.
- Free form decks.
Angel cards can come in the same format as a Tarot or Oracle deck. Most Angel cards have a specific messages. They are sometimes used in a Tarot reading to make the reading more complex.
Angel cards focus on guidance from the spiritual world and mostly from the angels. Not all of the cards are about the angels though and can be fairies, Ascended Masters, goddesses and more. They come in a package like the Oracle and Tarot decks do.
The purpose of the Angel cards are to enlighten and encourage people. They encourage people to grow, and they have more meanings and messages than the Tarot decks.
Like an Oracle deck of 36-44 cards, the Angel Card deck focuses on messages that are exciting and spiritual. They incorporate meanings and messages that the angels and spirit guides give them.
People that are new to Angel cards can use these before doing a Tarot reading. Angel cards are hard to interpret and are considered more complex. Psychics that use these cards find them valuable.
Here are the elements of the Angel cards:
- Varied: Can be combined with Oracle and Tarot cards.
- Can be simple or hard.
- Aids with the Tarot reading.
- Are spiritual.
- Have a healing nature.
- Builds confidence for the client.
Good and Bad of the Decks
Tarot readings are about people, places and emotions. If a person wants to know what is going on in a situation, using a Tarot reading can help. They offer divination in a storytelling form. Tarot cards come with a divination tool and can be interpreted according to the psychic. This doesn’t mean that they can be very creative or that they can create their own meanings.
The Tarot cards have a tradition that allows the readers to understand the cards. These are used by psychics as tools.
Oracle cards are easier to interpret because the messages are written right on the cards. Using the Lenormand deck is even easier. These decks are modern and work towards nature. You can be creative when using this kind of deck and you can come up with your own interpretation. It can bring in different thoughts of the reading.
Oracle decks are different, and they can take time to get used to. Psychics like to try different decks so that they can learn the spirituality of the decks. The more they practice the better they will get.
Oracle cards don’t work well for everyone because everyone doesn’t find value in them. They can leave people having a mixture of feelings.
People that use Tarot cards on a regular basis will incorporate the Oracle cards into the deck. This allows the reader to be more creative and to use their intuitive gifts.
Angel cards work best for anyone who wants to connect with the spirit world. They offer hope and inspiration when getting a reading. The Angel cards allow people to be gentler and no matter what your beliefs are, you can use these and have a deep feelings with these cards.
If giving a reading to an atheist or agnostic, Angel cards might not be the best thing to use.
Having a Good Reading
Here are some ways to have a good reading:
- Know the decks you are using.
- Understand the history of the decks.
- Pick a deck by using intuition.
- Be open to the spreads.
- Practice on your own before doing other readings.
There are many differences and similarities between the Oracle, Angel and Tarot cards. These can be used to give readings and they can help psychics to be more open in the spirit world. When considering the decks, figure out why you want them and let the experience come to you. Be open to what the spirit world is trying to tell you.
Once you are ready to do your psychic reading, connect with the cards and be ready to make your reading happen.